In the earlier part we talked about natural, easy-to-find-at-home scents for instant mood revival or mental rejuvenation. Today, we take you a step higher with scented candles. Your ambience, your mood always in your control with Aromatherapy!
To put things straight, Aromatherapy uses essential oils to bring about mental and physical well being. Not something reserved for spas and wellness centres, lighting up scented candles can be a daily chore even at homes to enliven the spirits as well.
– STRESS BUSTING: all those tensed nerves and feelings of depression can be quickly done away with candles exuding flowery scents like rose, lemon, orange, lavender, sandalwood, vanilla, or honeysuckle. Frankincense, clary sage, chamomile, and sandalwood are highly recommended to alleviate mild symptoms of depression.
– BLISS: on similar lines, if you want to simply lift your spirits and have a happy state of mind, tangerine and vanilla are great choices of fragrance to promote relaxation and calmness.
– SLEEP WELL: researchers have found a link between burning certain scented candles and falling into sleep. They recommend lighting of chamomile, lavender, sandalwood, or neroli scented candles before bedtime for a good night’s sleep. Be sure to put off the candle for safety purposes before you actually fall asleep.
– TRANQUILLITY: And for those early morning exercise/yoga regimes, it would be nice to fill your ambience with violet leaf and lemongrass fragrances – irrespective of if you’ve had a good sleep or no – to promote peace and tranquillity.
– MEDITATION: to drive creative thinking or simply enhance your mental focus when you’re trying to focus at/on something, don’t forget to burn a cinnamon or eucalyptus scented candle.
– ENERGY BOOSTER: post those hectic, tiring workdays at office, look for candles with pine, clove, peppermint, lemon, or patchouli scents to fight fatigue.
– ROMANCE: and just when you’ve regained your energy, don’t forget to end the day with a romantic date with your amour. Choose candles with patchouli, orange, or Ylang Ylang scents.